Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday ... Week 6 !!!

Yesssssssssssir, it's Weigh-In Wednesday Week 6! 


That's 6 Weeks .... 42 Days. 


My big goal this week was to see a 7 on the scale this week. I came pretty darn close. This is kind of a weird angle picture lol , but it will do. 


Week 5 Weight -- 283.2
Today's weight -- 2-8-0 !
So that's another 3.2  pounds down this week.

Total Weight Loss to date = 14 pounds





I actually saw a weight as low as 279.8 this week, but I'll settle for 280 since that's what I got today :-)


It's been a great week. I'm really enjoying biking and it's helping me keep my workout routine fresh. 


It's all in your head ... 
I've noticed that almost everyone gets really excited when I tell them what I'm doing or show them the blog. However, I've also found it amusing when people kind of give me that sarcastic "ohhhhh that's great , but I know you'll never stick with it" look. I even had someone tell me "Don't be surprised if all of the sudden you just can't lose weight anymore, some people are just meant to be big."  LOL. Nice. Keep it up. I like the challenge. 


That is what has made this such an exciting 6 weeks. I've had alot of moments early on where I doubted myself because of past results...It's all in your head... keep going
And now this week I've thought of several occasions where it was much easier for me to pass up something I know I shouldn't have...Stay focused ... keep going. 


Thanks to every single person out there supporting me. I love all the continued messages. Also,  welcome to all you new readers that are just seeing the blog for the first time.  


Family Matters... 
Dad, this blog is dedicated to you this week. Thanks for this awesome encouraging email! Since you couldn't figure out how to post it online, I'll help ...  You also get to be the quote of the day. 


"Haven't figured out how to select a profile to comment on your blog. So I'll use email.

You have always had great determination and effort to succeed when you set a goal. I remember a guy with a goal to be a starter on bball team when the raw talent was not as good as some others. But his determination and will translated into dedicated effort. I can still hear the early morning sound of a bball bouncing on the driveway pavement and hitting the backboard while I was still in bed. This occurred morning after morning, week after week, as he got up early and practiced before he went to school.

This guy did indeed become a starter on the bball team. Not only a starter, but one of the best 3 point shooters on the team. He also became one of the best rebounders even though he was routinely matched against much taller players. Rebounding, more than any other aspect of bball, is characterized by sheer determination and effort.

I now see this same guy undertaking an even bigger challenge. I also see this same determination and effort ramped up to meet the challenge. In other words, I see a repeat performance with a certain repeat success. But this time with even greater, life changing results.

Keep It Up!!  The results are already looking good!!

DAD"

No comments:

Post a Comment