Tuesday, August 2, 2011

There are Ups and there are downs ...

Hello Everyone! 


Sorry it's been a few days since the last post. 


I actually went up to Michigan to visit my in-laws for the long weekend. My wife, Jaimie, had already been up there a week. We had a GREAT time! We got to see lots of cool things up in the D-town area. Saw some great cars at the Henry Ford, went to the DIA museum, saw lots of family etc.


Needless to say, like any great trip there was going to be great food available to me. Soooooo I knew I had to pick my battles and try and come out of this weekend on the minus side :-)


First, I made sure I continued my exercise program. I actually woke up early on Saturday and Monday mornings and went out for a nice run/jog/walk depending on the speed lol. Regardless I made sure I got at least 40 minutes of cardio in each of those mornings. I literally can't remember the last time I worked out on a trip. We also were very active during the trip which helped alot. 


When we did go out to eat I avoided fried foods etc. I tried to stick to the "healthy stuff." My only really bad error was the Michigan Coney dog and root beer I had the last day. It was soooooo good, but I was kicking myself after. I definitely could have made better choices, but I made some good ones too. 


Tomorrow is a weigh-in morning and I'm anxious to see what shows up. 


Today I had a slim-fast shake for breakfast and lunch with granola bars as my snacks and a cup of yogurt and pretzels this afternoon. For dinner I went to Jason's deli with Jaimie and had an nice big salad and a half-sandwich. They gave me a huge plate of chips with the sandwich, and I only ate about 10. I can't remember the last time I left chips on a plate lol. 


For my exercise today I did all the yard work (Lawn mowing, edging , weeds, sweeping etc)
I have seen several ways over the past week that I can tighten up my diet and exercise routine and am going to work on honing that down next week. 


Weigh-in is tomorrow. Cross your fingers and stay tuned! Still losing weight slowly but surely. Actually, check that... Still making a lifestyle change slowly but surely, and no matter what the scale says tomorrow morning. I. Feel. So. Much. Better! 




“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” ~Johann von Goethe

2 comments: