Sunday, August 21, 2011

Great weekend...Identity315...Ben Zobrist...Music

Hello All. 


Just a quick update. Sorry it's been since Wednesday that I've posted. I had a busy busy past few days getting ready for the Identity 315 Youth Conference at our church, Starkey Road Baptist.  I was part of the worship band and it was just an amazing time. Lots of people had their lives changed in big ways. It was great to play and hear the worship with some old and new friends. You can see a pic of everyone below. 


The speaker for the conference was Ed Newton and he was awesome. We had a great time getting to know him over the weekend. He's the guy in the Ray's hat below. As you can see we also got to hang out  with Ben Zobrist and hear him speak and answer questions for a bunch of the students at the conference. 



Just a great weekend all-around, although it was busy busy. 

The lifestyle change still going great. I abstained from the wealth of free chicken biscuits available at the conference Saturday morning. I also had a few more people come up to me and mention that they were noticing a difference which is pretty cool.

I had a couple small snack slip-ups, but nothing too major. The key I've found is just not to let things start to snow-ball. 

Tonight I went out for a nice jog to get my cardio in. I REALLLLLY didn't want to do that but I felt so great after I got back. 


Since it's not Wednesday, I won't give a weight, but I will say that I've been pleased with the progress I've seen here at the half-way point this week. 


Mom you are going to love this quote...It's about willpower lol 


“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

3 comments:

  1. so jealous of you getting to meet zoby!!! i can't wait for wednesday's weigh-in! the suspense is killing me! :-) rooting for you from the bek cave. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! Yeah he was such a cool dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love u and love the quote, go Phil

    ReplyDelete