Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chili-Fest, Improv, Ruby Tuesdays, Landscaping, and Cheddars.... Oh My

Happy Sunday evening everyone! 
I haven't blogged since Wednesday so we have some catching up to do. 


For one, I got on the scale today and I'm still going down :-). I won't reveal any numbers until weigh-in Wednesday, but I just hope I can keep up the trend. 


I've managed to really keep the exercise going almost every day and have been mixing it up to keep things fresh. I've done long walks, jogging, working outside, swimming, etc. This allows me to stay away from that trap of getting sick of something really quickly. 


I also feel like I'm really settling into this lifestyle change in my eating habits, portion side, etc. You really do have to pick your battles sometimes (more on that later), but the key here is preparation and expectation. New habits start to form and it is getting easier little by little. 


Anyways......This weekend was really great and really busy, and I managed to stay in control. For starters, I had a date night with my wife Jaimie on Friday. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays. I must admit that the bacon cheeseburger she ordered looked amazing.  I ordered two turkey mini's and the salad bar. My Sandwich did come with a few fries, and they were so good lol. However, I still was in control of my calories and since I knew I was going out to eat that night, made up for the fries in other ways. I tasted a little bite of that real hamburger. Wow. But hey, you have to make sacrifices right?


Saturday was going to be tricky, but I planned it out and made it work. I did some work outside in the morning and then hit the pool. I had a slim-fast for breakfast, some healthy snacks, and a small grilled chicken wrap with some fruit for lunch. 


Saturday evening we went over to meet with our good friends from the Improv team I do comedy with (check us out at http://strangersandfools.com/) at Matt and Sara's place. So , at this meeting of the minds we were going to have two different kinds of chili, chips and salsa, and then some awesome desserts like always. The chili was actually pretty healthy, but I knew I'd have some chips and salsa  (most likely more than some because I love chips and salsa). They were great. I was having a great time laughing with everyone. Hooray. But then .... Dustin's wife Shannon, broke out this awesome chocolate waffle dessert with ice cream. Also brownies made an appearance.  Man was it tempting. 

Here's how I survived lol. I cut off a teenie tiny piece of brownie. Ate it. And then drank a ton of water. Everyone around me was practically rolling in chocolaty goodness and I actually felt good. And full. And I didn't ruin my entire week of work.  DISCLAIMER:  I do not think the Improv team is a group of gluttonous maniacs. They just really like dessert. And three of the wives are pregnant lol. I love you all. 



Here they are... or here we are...  Left to right ( Me, Dustin, Matt, Steph, Chris)


I did eat some peanuts and Craisins when I got home while I was watching TV which was totally cheating, and I shouldn't have, but I moved on and I did extra exercise today to make up for it. 


Finally, today after church we went out to lunch with our friends Mark and Cristina to this great restaurant called Cheddar's. Really good. I got grilled Dijon chicken with mushrooms and rice. I passed on my favorite broccoli casserolle and switched it out for steamed broccoli and green beans. Not too shabby my friends. For dinner I just had a mini pita with some Syrian cheese and an apple. Score. 


All  in all it was a great weekend and things are still going well. 


More challenges to come this week, and hopefully more results. 

Thanks everyone! 



“This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.” ~Scott Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment