Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday Week 17!!!

Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday. Week 17 Edition! A few posts back I commented on the kinda sorta "plateau" I felt like I was hitting in the mid-sixties. I was having so much trouble losing more than one pound in a week, and I just felt stuck trying to get over that magic "30" number. Part of that was slip-ups on my part I'm sure, but I still felt like it was a make it break it kind of time, where I was going to stay at around 30 pounds down, or be able to move past it and start having a 2+ pound loss week. 


This week felt like a great one all the way through. I started seeing better results on the scales and I was able to keep up my pace running and biking like never before. My food intake was also pretty solid. So......



17 Weeks Completed 
119 Days Down 

Starting Weight -- 294

Week 16 Weight -- 263.8

Today's weight -- 2-6-1! So that's another 2.8 pounds down!

Total Weight Loss to date = 33 pounds !!!

Back to being a loser. Almost 3 pounds lost just this week. SUCCESS! 

The first before pic, is me and my Dad at my wedding in June of 2010. The second pic is from about one week before I started this lifestyle change.  People keep telling me my face has really changed lol, so decide for yourselves. 

Before Pic... 


Before Pic ... Face Shot 

After 17 Weeks


And from the Side 


Like I was saying earlier, this was a very productive week, and hopefully I'll be able to replicate a similar result this week coming up. Next week's weigh-in Wednesday post will be coming to you from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia as we'll be heading up there to spend Thanksgiving with the family. 

Some cool things from this week: 
Took Jaimie to see my friends over at Chainwheel Drive in Clearwater and picked her up a bike so she can ride with me. Great bikes over there. If you need one, check em out! We did an astonishing 15 miles on the bikes on Sunday afternoon. Nice work Jaimie, even if your legs were on fire afterwards.  

I am beginning to think I can survive on rice cakes, almonds, fresh fruit, dried fruit, and low-fat string cheese as my snacks. Gets the job done, and also tastes pretty great. 

My goal for this week coming up to get into the 50's bracket. Whew. I can do it. 

Thanksgiving will present a challenge I'm sure. But I'm just going to make sure I plan accordingly. You better believe I'm gonna enjoy that meal ;-). 

Thanks to all the people that have come up to me, messaged me , or called me with encouragement! I was helping out at the Outlet at Starkey Road tonight, and it was so cool to have so many of the students and leaders come up to me telling me they could really tell the difference. Special thanks out there to Justin, Erik, Luke, Will, Jacob, Bobby, Brian, etc etc etc. I also have some great supporters at work that have kept me accountable with food and helped me stay focused. Don, Sean, Erik, etc etc. Thanks for asking me "is that part of your diet." Excellent work. 

I love the support , and it's great to have that extra motivation!

My mom sent me this quote today and I'm going to use it for the post. 
"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton


2 comments:

  1. #thosebeforeandafterpicsarestartingtolooklikethecommercials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Luke. Next is the holding up the old pants shot lol

    ReplyDelete