Wednesday, September 14, 2011

END OF MONTH #2 --- Weigh-In Report

Welcome to weigh-in Wednesday Week EIGHT. I have officially completed TWO full months of this lifestyle change and I feel great! 


That's 56 days completed. 


Starting Weight -- 294


Week 7 Weight -- 279


Today's weight -- 2-7-5.8! So that's another 3.2 pounds down this week.

Total Weight Loss to date = 18.2 pounds !!!



Before Pic

After 8 Weeks 

And from the side

Sweeeeeet. Success! Well, at least steps in the right direction :-)


I know I have a long way to go still, but I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to be in rhythm with this lifestyle change and being able to both see and FEEL the difference. 


The response and support I've been getting from everyone is just incredible. Family,  Friends, Church Friends, Youth Group Kids, Etc.  You guys keep me going. Thanks for asking me when you see me how things are going. I must have had 10 people ask me at church tonight how this week's weigh-in is going to go lol. 
Thanks Uncle Tom Bowen for this message, " Hey Phil...my friend if you can loose 15...you can loose another 15!!!!!!!!! It's kinda like one down and one to go.... Keep pushing through......a good brisk walk every day will help your body get over this little plateau !!!!! Man, this could be the toughest battle any of us face. Seems like EVERYTHING is built around food. Conquer this and I'm convinced you can conquer anything."
Just one of many encouraging thoughts from this past week from friends and family.


Also, it's been great to hear stories of people being inspired by the journey I've been taking
Here's a shout out to one special relative who said she's lost SEVEN pounds already! Congrats :-) I love you and hope you can keep it going ! 


Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm wanting to just keep this going strong and make a lifelong change. 


In other news:
I've had a pretty busy schedule, and it's becoming more routine for me to plan things so I can control the outcome when it comes to food etc. 


Exercising is becoming the same way. I've mixed in biking , running, martial arts, swimming, walking, and strength training. I try and keep it fresh and not do the same thing too much and too often. This helps me not get too bored and keep my eyes on the prize.


I'll do another post later this week on those things.


This week I just wanted to keep it focused on this end of Month # 2 Weight Report. Thanks again everyone, and I hope you're enjoying this as much as I have been. Special thanks to my wife Jaimie for her help at home, and to my parents and siblings for their moral support over the phone and in person :-). 


See you soon... 


“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment