Sunday, May 20, 2012

SUNDAY SCOOP - 5/20/12

Happy Sunday :-) 
One of the most important things I've learned over the last almost TEN months of doing this lifestyle change is that REAL and MEANINGFUL change is always accompanied by some measure of sacrifice. In other words, You will have to make some tough choices, give up a few things that you used to do, break old habits, learn new habits, and go out there and make it happen. Nothing worth having can be changed in one day, one week or even one month in most cases. Change for the better  means a long-term commitment. 


So many people ask me what I'm doing special, or if I take any pills, or pregnancy hormones lol.  There is no secret or anything like that, it's just hard work and sacrifice. Trust me, if I can do it, ANYBODY can.


WEIGHT UPDATE:
Highest Weight seen on the Scale: 307
Weight on 7/27/11: 294
Weight Today 5/20/12: 255 


So right around that 50-60 total pounds mark! 


I actually started strength training at the Anytime Fitness here in Dunedin, because I wasn't getting the same results with just cardio anymore , and I want to tone up and all that jazz before we head over to Hawaii this summer. It's going really well so far, and they gave me a great deal. I did gain 1 pound back the first week doing weights, but the trainer there tells me it's normal. I go through a cycle of Arms and Abs, Back and Shoulders, Chest, and Legs.  I'm already seeing and feeling the results and it's been a really nice change of pace. 


Quick Notes: 
1) Some people ask me what App I use to track my biking. It's a free App called MapMyRIDE. Very accurate and helps challenge you to do more each time. 
2) If you're looking for a good breakfast replacement bar or supplement bar try the CLIFF bar. The two best flavors are Blueberry Crisp and White Chocolate Macadamia. SO GOOD! The 6-Bar pack is only $5.88 at Walmart. $1/breakfast. Cha-Ching




HEART HEALTHY: 
Being Heart Healthy has been one of my biggest goals from the get-go, and my blood pressure has slowly been getting better and better! This time last year I was getting Stage 1 Hypertension readings for my blood pressure. However, now I'm seeing great readings consistent with what you see below. 117 over 70! WOW. Huge change from where I used to be, and my best BP Reading yet!  








Some BEFORE PICS: 




THE DREADED SIDE SHOT: 


Andddddddd Some Today shots! 






I have had so many great people send me emails, comments, etc. Some of you are sending encouragement, and some of you are in the same situation I was in. Some of you I know very well, and some of you I have never even met! 
Some of you have told me that you feel like you have way too much to lose, and you're not sure it can be done without surgery or some kind of medication. Some say, "Cool, well I'll wait till things slow down (Or for the summer, or for the school year, etc etc etc) , Or I'll wait till I have a little this or that." I appreciate you all very much and I GET IT. BUTTTTTTT, the time is now :-). You have to start today. Not next week, or next month, or next anything. You've got to get your commitment level there and then just go for it. You will have slip-ups and mistakes, but that's life. You live and learn, and keep on going. You can do it if you are willing to make it happen. I know you can :-)

Thank you for your support! Keep it comin! 

"“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen"



3 comments: