Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Lunchtime Links and Update

Happy Tuesday,

I have been getting tons of questions lately like "What plan do you follow?" "How do you stay motivated?" "Do you follow other blogs?" Things like that. Sooooooo... I'm going to start posting links and stuff that I find really helpful. Now that I have been on this lifestyle change journey for almost a full year, the way I live my day to day life has evolved. So has this blog. I'm going to try and make this a helpful place for people that need some extra encouragement and just general info on how to make a lasting lifestyle change. Whether you have 10 pounds to lose or 100, this is all about changing it up for the long haul. 

Personal Challenges:
Balance is sometimes the hardest thing to maintain with any kind of consistency in this busy world of ours. For me, I've figured out that the strength training is great, but that I can't sacrifice the level of cardio I was doing. So, I am going to be doing strength training in  addition to the cardio training I do already. My goal is to continue weight loss while also throwing in strength training to tone it up.

Biking is still my #1 choice for cardio, because I enjoy it. I had a killer 21 mile bike workout Saturday morning that burned over 1200 calories, and did it in just over 90 minutes.  
 
 
However, minute for minute, it's hard to beat the results you get from running outside. I did a 5k last night in this nasty FL 90 degree heat and humidity after an hour of yard work. It was absolutely intense and difficult. I was soaked by the end, but it was rewarding. In about 40 minutes I torched at least 600-700 calories.

Workout Goal:
2 5k's per week
1 20+ mile bike ride per week
3-4 days of strength training + cardio at gym per week

Check out these Lunchtime Links: 

I also get lots of questions on the Apps I use to track my workouts. Here they are:
Two Great FREE Apps are MapMyRide and RunKeeper
Paid App I use for running is Nike+GPS 

Special thanks to all who have reached out to me with questions about your personal goals and especially your successes! It's very cool to know that some part of my journey has helped you in yours!

If you're friends with my sister Laura C. on Facebook, go give her a shoutout...She's been running and working her way up to a 5k :-). I've put her on the spot and said we are going to run a 5k together by the end of the summer. 

Also shout out to Ryan W. He's starting his exercise routine today and taking step #1 towards a better lifestyle.

“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work and it is HARD WORK, but the rewards are bountiful.

    ReplyDelete